TCM Summer Under the Stars Sweepstakes
2. HOW TO ENTER: From 12:00:00p.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on August 1, 2010 through 11:59:59p.m. ET on August 31, 2010 (the "Promotional Period"), Sponsor will conduct a national Sweepstakes promoting "Summer Under the Stars" and encouraging participants to enter for a chance to win a prize.
The Sweepstakes will be comprised of two (2) drawings, each to be held at the end of each relevant "Entry Period" as provided below. The Entry Periods are:
ENTRY PERIOD DATES
Entry Period One (1) August 1, 2010 12:00:00 p.m. ET through August 13, 2010 11:59:59 p.m. ET
Entry Period Two (2) August 14, 2010 12:00:00 a.m. ET through August 31, 2010 11:59:59 p.m. ET
To enter either of the two (2) drawings, during the Promotional Period, entrants must either: (i) log on to the TCM website, located at www.tcm.com during the applicable Entry Period and complete and submit the online entry form, including their names, addresses, telephone numbers (including the area code), e-mail addresses (if any) and birth dates, or (ii) send a standard-sized letter including the entrant's name, address, telephone number, e-mail address (if any) and age to the: "Summer Under the Stars 2010 Trading Cards Sweepstakes" Entry, c/o NC1 0410C, 1050 Techwood Drive, N.W., Atlanta, GA 30318. To be eligible: (i) each online entry must be received no later than 11:59:59 p.m. ET on the last day of the applicable Entry Period, and (ii) each mail-in entry must be mailed separately. All mail-in entries for Entry Period One (1) must be postmarked no later than August 13, 2010 and received by August 18, 2010 and all mail-in entries for Entry Period Two (2) must be postmarked no later than August 31, 2010 and received by September 4, 2010. All entries must be submitted in the name of an individual person and a prize can only be awarded to the person whose name is on a winning entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means will be void. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for misdirected, incomplete, lost, late, illegible, undelivered, inaccurate or delayed entries, postage due entries, or for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or other errors or problems that may limit or affect a person's ability to participate in the Sweepstakes, whether human, mechanical, typographical, printing, electronic, network or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. In the event of sabotage, acts of God, terrorism or threats thereof, computer virus or other events or causes beyond the Sponsor's control, which corrupt the integrity, administration, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to award prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such cancellation. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the entrant ineligible. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. No entrant may win more than one (1) Grand Prize. Sponsor's computer shall be the official timekeeper for all matters related to this Sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO WIN: Five Hundred (500) grand prize winners (collectively, the "Grand Prize Winners" or "Winners") will be randomly selected (Two Hundred Fifty (250) on or about the last day of each Entry Period) by a representative of TCM, from among all eligible entries received during the applicable Entry Periods. The decisions of the Sponsor will be final and binding in all matters. The odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the applicable Entry Period. Potential winners will be announced on or around September 10, 2010. Potential winners will be confirmed by U.S. mail, e-mail and/or telephone and must meet all eligibility requirements including the timely execution and return of all necessary releases and documents (if any) required by Sponsor. Grand Prize Winners should receive their prizes within eight (8) to twelve (12) weeks of verification.
4. PRIZES: Five Hundred (500) Grand Prize Winners will each receive one (1) pack of 2010 Summer Under the Stars Trading Cards, at an approximate market value ("AMV") of Six Dollars ($6) per Grand Prize Winner. TOTAL AMV OF ALL PRIZES (500 PRIZES): Three Thousand Dollars ($3,000). No substitution or transfer of prizes or cash redemptions permitted by the Grand Prize Winners. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute for any reason whatsoever a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, in its sole discretion. Prizes are awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. The Grand Prize Winners are responsible for the reporting and payment of all taxes (if any) as well as any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of a prize not specified herein as being awarded. All prize details are in Sponsor's sole discretion.
5. GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS: By entering this Sweepstakes, participants grant Sweepstakes Entities and their designees the right, unless prohibited by law, to use their names, cities and states of residences, voices, pictures and likenesses, without compensation, notification or approval, for the purpose of advertising and publicizing the goods and services of the Sweepstakes Entities and all matters related to the Sweepstakes, in any manner or medium, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity. Potential Grand Prize Winners may each be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, liability release, tax acknowledgment form and, except where prohibited by law, a publicity release and return within five (5) business days of issuance of notification. Noncompliance within this time period or failure of potential winner to respond to a notification attempt within five (5) days of such attempt may result in disqualification and, in Sponsor's discretion, an alternate winner may be selected. If: (i) any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, (ii) a potential Grand Prize Winner declines his or her prize or (iii) a potential Grand Prize Winner fails to comply with any of the Official Rules as outlined herein, such potential Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected by random drawing in the Sponsor's sole discretion. The Sweepstakes Entities expressly disclaim any responsibility and entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all claims, actions, demands and/or liability for injury, damage or loss whatsoever relating to or arising in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes (regardless of the cause of such injury, damage or loss) and/or the delivery and/or subsequent use or misuse of any of the prizes awarded.
6. OFFICIAL RULES OR GRAND PRIZE WINNERS LIST: For a copy of the Official Rules or the Grand Prize Winners List (available on or about September 30, 2010), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (residents of VT need not include return postage on rules requests) to the following address by November 30, 2010 (please specify "Official Rules" or "Grand Prize Winners") - "Summer Under the Stars 2010 Trading Cards Sweepstakes," c/o NC1 0410C, 1050 Techwood Drive, N.W., Atlanta, GA 30318.
SPONSOR: Turner Classic Movies, Inc., 1050 Techwood Drive, N.W., Atlanta, GA 30318.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. The use of certain companies' products and services as a prize does not imply participation in, approval of, or endorsement of this Sweepstakes by such companies.
2010 Turner Classic Movies, Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved.