- Head director George Sidney (II) quit after one month of filming and was replaced by Vincente Minnelli.
- The initial version shown to preview audiences in 1944 was almost 3 hours long.
- Cut from film:- Musical number "If Swing Goes, I Go Too", directed by Sidney, danced and sung byFred Astaire.- Musical/comedy number "Start Off Each Day with a Song", directed by Charles Walters, performed by Jimmy Durante.- Musical number "A Cowboy's Life", directed by Merrill Pye, sung by James Melton (I).- Musical number "Liza", directed by Minnelli, sung by Avon Long.- Cut from film: Comedy sketch "Baby Snooks and the Burglar", directed by Roy Del Ruth, performed by Fanny Brice.- Comedy sketch "Death and Taxes", directed by Minnelli, performed by Durante andEdward Arnold.- Musical number "We Will Meet Again in Honolulu", directed by Pye, sung by Melton. The 'Williams, Esther' water ballet from this number was retained in the film.- Finale musical number "There's Beauty Everywhere", directed by Minnelli, sung by Melton, danced by Astaire, Lucille Bremer and Cyd Charisse. A fragment with Charisse was retained in the re-shot finale.
- The horse ridden by Lucille Ball is the Lone Ranger's Silver.
- The "Great Lady" sketch was written as a self-parody intended for Greer Garson, but she refused the role.
- One of only two films in which Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire danced together. The other was _That's Entertainment, Part II (1974)_
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute