- In the final sequence, the spirits of Heathcliff and Cathy are seen walking their favorite pathway. But this was added in after filming was complete, and because Laurence Olivier and ' Merle Oberon' had already moved on to other projects, doubles had to be used.
- The Mitchell Camera Corporation selected Gregg Toland and this picture to be the first to use their new Mitchell BNC camera. This camera model would become the studio standard.
- MGM felt that script was too dark for a romance movie so they asked several writers to do a rewrite on the script and they even asked a young 'John Houston' who said that the script need no rewrite, it's perfect as it is.
- Vivien Leigh wanted to play the lead role, alongside her husband at the time 'Laurence Oliver' , but the studio decided the role should go to Merle Oberon. They later offered Leigh the part of Isabelle Litton, but she declined and 'Geraldine Fitzgerald' was cast.
- The movie actually opens on Chapter 17 of the book.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute