- narrating the film's prologue. The only time he actually spoke in any of his films.
- Although based on a true story, Hitchcock deliberately left out some of the information that pointed to Manny's innocence to heighten the tension.
- The "right" man (the real culprit) can be seen several times during the film: outside the Stork Club, in the Victor Moore arcade and near one of the liquor stores where the police take Manny.
- Hitchcock filmed one of his usual cameos, standing in a restaurant as Manny sits, but decided on using a narrated prologue instead.
- The Victor Moore Arcade was torn down in the late 1990s as part of a project to build a new transport hub.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute