- Larry Talbot's brother's name was John.
- Larry had been away 18 years working on Mt. Wilson Observatory in California.
- The first transformation takes place with Talbot in an undershirt (although he is fully dressed in a dark shirt once on the prowl). Only the feet transform on screen in six lapse dissolves. In the second transformation there are eleven shots -- again of feet only. The third transformation features 17 face shots in a continuous dissolve.
- The Wolfman battled a bear in one scene but unfortunately the bear ran away during filming. What few scenes were filmed were put into the theatrical trailer.
- "Even a man who is pure at heart, and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright." This memorable quote has been listed in some sources as an authentic Gypsy or Eastern European folk saying. Writer Curt Siodmak admits that he simply made it up.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute