- 'Garland, Judy' was originally cast in the main supporting role of Helen Lawson. The studio provided her with a pool table in her dressing room at her request. Eventually she backed out of the film and was replaced by 'Hayward, Susan' . Other actors considered as replacements were Tammy Grimes and Bette Davis
- For the three lead roles the following actors were considered: Petula Clark, Raquel Welch, Ann-Margret, Candice Bergen, and Jill Ireland. In the end Sharon Tate, Patty Duke and Barbara Parkins played the roles.
- An original, unused theme song was written by novelist Jacqueline Susann and Bob Gaudio of the Four Seasons.
- Dionne Warwick was under contract to a different record label than 20th so the theme on the soundtrack album was sung Dory Previn, who also wrote the lyrics. Margaret Whiting dubbed Susan Hayward but she was also under contract to a different label so veteran voice double Eileen Wilson sings "I'll Plant My Own Tree" on the soundtrack album.
- 'Judy Garland' kept her costume when she walked off the film, and proceeded to wear the sequined pantsuit while performing in concerts around the world.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute