- Director and co-writer Ken Annakin had been working on an adventure film about transatlantic flight, when the producer's bankrutpcy aborted the production. He then made this film.
- The 1910-era airplanes used in the film were replicas built using the authentic materials of the originals, but with slightly more powerful engines. About 20 planes were built at a cost of about 5,000 pounds each.
- Most of the aerial scenes were filmed before 10 am each day when the air was least turbulent.
- Yujiro Ishihara's voice is dubbed by James Villiers.
- Michael Trubshawe's character is addressed by Robert Morley as "Niven". Michael Trubshawe and David Niven were very close friends from when they were at Sandhurst together and David Niven would call uncredited characters in his films "Trubshawe". In "Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines" this was Michael Trubshawe's way of returning the compliment.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute