- Marcel Marceau, the famous mime, has the only speaking line in this movie: "Non!" (when refusing a role in the silent film).
- The logo for Big Picture Studios features the slogan "Ars est pecunia" which is "Art is money" in Latin. This is a takeoff on the MGM slogan "Ars gratia artis" which means "Art for art's sake."
- The villainous company Engulf & Devour is a spoof of Gulf & Western, which between 1965 and 1970 swallowed up 80 different companies, including Paramount Pictures in 1966.
- At the sneak preview of the silent movie, several posters for Young Frankenstein (1974) are visible in theater lobby.
- One scene shows the skyline of New York City. The orchestra begins playing "San Francisco", and the music comes to a sudden and noisy halt. The orchestra then goes into "I'll Take Manhattan".
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute