- During The Ramones' concert sequence at The Roxy near the end of the film, Darby Crash, late singer of seminal Los Angeles punk band The Germs, can be seen in the front row.
- Roger Corman's original title for the film was "Disco High" until Allan Arkush heard The Ramones and decided to use them in his movie.
- Filmed at the same school as the movie Rock Around the Clock (1956).
- The romantic theme song heard under the credits, "Did We Meet Somewhere Before?" is sung by Paul McCartney and Wings. McCartney wrote it as the theme to Heaven Can Wait (1978), but Warren Beatty decided not to use it. Allan Arkush, the Ramones' manager, then swung a deal whereby he was able to use the song for only $500 provided McCartney did not receive screen credit.
- The building blown up in the ending is the condemned Mount Carmel High School in the Watts section of Los Angeles. The explosion was five times bigger than it was supposed to be and since the filming was at 3AM a lot of frightened neighborhood residents charged out of their homes not knowing what had happened.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute