- walking past a phone booth just after George Sanders makes a call in the final part of the movie.
- The first film Hitchcock made in Hollywood and the only one that won a Best Picture Oscar.
- Just as in the original novel, Mrs. de Winter has no first name.
- Anne Baxter was one of the actors tested by Hitchcock for the leading role. Hitchcock later cast her in I Confess (1953).
- Over 20 actors were tested for the role of Mrs. de Winter, eventually going to newcomer Joan Fontaine. One of them was Vivien Leigh, who Laurence Olivier was pressing for, as they were a couple at the time.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute