- The movie is based on a true life union organizing campaign at J.P. Stevens Mill. The real life Norma Rae is named Crystal Lee Sutton. It took 10 years to get a union contract at J.P. Stevens after the workers won the election.
- as a disgruntled factory worker.
- Sally Field and Beau Bridges researched their roles by working in a factory.
- Many of the extras in the film were students from Auburn University, eight miles from Opelika, Alabama.
- Marsha Mason Jane Fonda and Jill Clayburgh all passed on the title role.
- during the scene where Norma Rae is struggling to enter the police car while the two officers are trying to shove her in it....Sally Field actually broke one of the actors rib while filming the scene...which actor i do not know.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute