- Both 'Wayne, John' and Charlton Heston were offered the role of General Stilwell. Wayne phoned director Steven Spielberg, who had given him the script, and not only turned it down due to ill health but tried to get Spielberg to drop the project. Wayne felt it was unpatriotic and a slap in the face to WWII vets. Heston is thought to have turned it down for the same reasons.
- seen in the USO fight scene.
- The gas station where Captain Wild Bill Kelso (John Belushi) lands to refuel was the same one used in Steven Spielberg's movie Duel (1979). Lucille Benson, who plays the gas station owner, appeared in Duel as the Snakerama owner at the same station.
- The scene where Wild Bill Kelso slips and tumbles off of the wing of his airplane as he is about to take off was a real accident. John Belushi slipped as he was climbing into the plane. It was kept in the movie because it fit his character.
- Reese and Foley are the names used by Zemeckis and screenwriter Bob Gale for any police officers or government agents in films they have written.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute