- Audrey Hepburn's singing was dubbed by Marni Nixon, despite Hepburn's lengthy preparation for the role.
- Jeremy Brett's singing was dubbed by Bill Shirley.
- James Cagney was originally offered the role of Alfred Doolittle. When he pulled out at the last minute, it went to the man who played it on Broadway, Stanley Holloway. Cary Grant, Noel Coward, Michael Redgrave and George Sanders were all considered for the role of Higgins before Rex Harrison was finally chosen to reprise his Broadway role.
- 'Harrison, Rex' wanted 'Andrews, Julie' for the role of Eliza, since they had played together in the Broadway version.
- Stanley Holloway originated the role of Alfie Dolittle on Broadway, but it was thought that a better known actor would be more suited for the film version.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute