- Title was changed from "The Reno Brothers" to promote the title song sung by Elvis.
- Of all the movies starring Elvis Presley, this is the only one in which he didn't get top billing. He was billed third, after 'Egan, Richard' and Debra Paget.
- The footage of Elvis singing "Love Me Tender" at the end was shot after preview audiences reacted badly to his character's fate. This new footage created a continuity error as Elvis had dyed his hair black by the time of the additional shooting, while in the movie his hair color was closer to blonde.
- Elvis' real life backing musicians Scotty Moore, Bill Black and D.J. Fontana were not allowed to play the roles of the band in the movie because according to the casting crew they didn't look like country musicians.
- Fox contract players 'Robert Wagner' and 'Jeffrey Hunter' were offered Elvis Presley's part before Presley got it on loan to Fox from Hal Wallis, to whom he was contracted.
- Presley is credited as co-writer of the film's four songs, but in fact had nothing to do with writing them; it was just for purposes of royalties.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute