- Shot on location in Arizona in only 14 days.
- Director Ralph Nelson had to put up his house as collateral.
- Actor Sidney Poitier gave up his usual salary and agreed to do the film for a smaller amount and a percentage of the profits. He won the Best Actor Oscar for his efforts.
- Jester Hairston wrote the song "Amen" for the film and dubbed the singing voice for Sidney Poitier.
- When singing, the nuns were thought to have been too good. They were told to sing worse and sang horribly. The scene was dubbed over after the voices were flattened in editing.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute