- 'Hitchcock, Alfred' called Ben Hecht in to read the final script and to rewrite the ending.
- Much of the cast caught pneumonia after constant exposure to cold water.
- During filming, several of the crew complained that Tallulah Bankhead was not wearing underwear. This was apparent to them when she climbed in and out of the lifeboat. When told of the situation, director 'Hitchcock, Alfred' replied "I don't know if this is a matter for the costume department or the hairdresser."
- in "before" and "after" pictures in a newspaper advert for Reduco the Obesity Slayer. The pictures were genuine, as he had just been on a crash diet (although not with the fictional Reduco).
- John Kovac's "BM" tattoo.
- After she caught pneumonia, Tallulah Bankhead was given a puppy by 'Hitchcock, Alfred' for being such a good sport during the film. He had already named the dog Hitchcock.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute