- Many of the locations for "Santa Rosita" were filmed in Long Beach, CA. The "Santa Rosita" Police Department was in real life the main branch of the YMCA at 6th and Long Beach Blvd. The Hardware store the Crumps were locked in was at 5th and Locust.
- The first Cinerama film using anamorphic lenses.
- The cameo by Leo Gorcey marked his first appearance on film since he left the Bowery Boys series in 1956.
- Premiered at and was the first film ever shown at the Cinerama Dome in Hollywood, California, 7 November 1963.
- Stang broke his arm just days before his scenes were shot; in all shots his arm is forever crooked and held in place by a cast under his uniform.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute