- One of the film's uncredited actors, Joe Bonomo, nearly drowned during filming. He fell into a water tank and the foam rubber in his costume soaked up water, causing him to sink.
- Joe Bonomo who starred as one of the man-beasts was also Lon Chaney's stunt double in The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1923).
- This was Charles Laughton's first starring role in a U.S. film.
- Charles Laughton claimed that he based his Dr. Moreau appearance on that of his dentist.
- Charles Laughton already knew how to use a whip. He learned to use one for a previous stage role. His teacher was a London street performer.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute