- Streisand's gold-beaded gown shown in the Harmonia Gardens set weighed 40 pounds and cost $8000. Twice during rehearsal, Barbara tripped over its 2.5 foot train. Others dancers tripped during rehearsal also. So, the train was taken off the dress. The train is shown intact when Barbra starts down the stairs, but later disappears.
- Michael Kidd (choreographer) broke his leg during rehearsal while showing a routine to dancers.
- Louis Armstrong was only on set for 1/2 day and did his shots in one take.
- The Harmonia Gardens sequence (where the song "Hello Dolly" is performed) took an entire month to shoot.
- The set for the Harmonia Gardens filled an entire sound stage at Fox Studios and occupied three levels: a dance floor, a main section that surrounded the dance floor and an upper mezzanine.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute