- Vivian Blaine, Stubby Kaye, B.S. Pully and Johnny Silver all recreated the roles that they had played in the original Broadway musical production.
- The audio for each of Brando's musical numbers is constructed from multiple takes.
- Marilyn Monroe wanted to play Adelaide, but director 'Joseph Mankiewicz' didn't want to work with her again and pretended he never got her phone messages
- The songs "Pet Me Poppa" and "Adelaide" were not in the original musical, but were written for the screen version. In the musical, Nathan Detroit (Frank Sinatra) doesn't sing in the number "Guys and Dolls." He was added for the film to increase Sinatra's singing part.
- Betty Grable was in talks to play Adelaide but when she cancelled on the director to be with her sick dog, she was dropped.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute