- Charlton Heston was originally offered the 'Curtis, Tony' role of The Great Leslie. He considered it a "funny script" but had to turn the part down when the production schedule for The Agony And The Ecstacy was delayed.
- Features the largest pie fight ever staged.
- Six Hannibal-8 cars were built for the movie. Three of these used the "lazy tongs" lifting mechanism. This mechanism was so fragile that it broke constantly.
- The pies used during the pie throwing scene were real, containing fruit, custard, whipped cream and other ingredients. Following this scene the crew devoured more than 300 leftover pies.
- The ice floe sequence was shot on the Universal studio back lot during a Southern California heat wave. Temperatures during the filming ran as high as 110 degrees Fahrenheit. The stars were unable to wear the heavy costumes for more than a few minutes at a time.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute