- The latter segment, "Mickey and the Beanstalk" was released on television with Disney TV star Ludwig Von Drake narrating, and dubbing over many of Charlie McCarthy's jokes.
- The Bongo story was inspired by a story appearing in the magazine Reader's Digest.
- Both segments were being produced independently as full length features, but when wartime shortages lost the studio resources, time and animators (who were drafted), Disney made the decision to combine the two.
- A scene with Mickey selling the cow to the queen of Happy Valley (played by Minnie Mouse) was storyboarded, but never animated.
- Billy Gilbert voiced Willie the Giant. He was a well known radio comic whose best gag was a comic sneeze he did. He also voiced Sneezy in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
- This was the last time that Disney, Walt did the voice of Mickey Mouse.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute