- During the helicopter sequence towards the end of the film, the inexperienced pilot flew too close to Sean Connery, almost killing him.
- The helicopter (carrying director Terrence Young during filming) crashed over water, trapping the director below the surface for a considerable time in an air bubble inside the copter's canopy. He was rescued and then immediately went back behind the camera with his arm in a sling.
- Krilenko tries to escape through a secret window in a billboard advertising Call Me Bwana (1963), also produced by Broccoli and Harry Saltzman.
- The footage of the exploding SPECTRE helicopter has since been recycled for a number of British TV shows as stock footage. It can be seen in the "Doctor Who" episode "The Daemons".
- The budget was $2,000,000 (double that of Dr. No (1962)).
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute