- Rip Torn was originally cast in the role of George Hanson.
- The Captain America jacket was designed by Peter Fonda and made by "two little old ladies" in Los Angeles. It was later sold at a charity auction.
- According to Peter Fonda, four police bikes were customized for the film. One was burned during filming, and the other three were stolen before filming was completed.
- Peter Fonda, Dennis Hopper, and Jack Nicholson were actually smoking marijuana on camera.
- The final campfire scene was left out of the original shooting schedule and was shot after both motorcycles had been stolen.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute