- Filmed in Monroeville Mall, Monroeville, PA.
- The airstrip used in the film, the Harold W. Brown Memorial Field (aka Monroeville Municipal Airport), is still in operation as of 2002. The privately run airfield is approximately 10 miles from the Monroeville Mall, where the bulk of the film was shot.
- The two zombie children who attack Peter in the airport chart house are played by Donna and Mike Savini, the real-life niece and nephew of Tom Savini.
- The voice of Christine Forrest (George Romero's wife) can be heard on a pre-recorded announcement in the mall ("Attention all shoppers...").
- The skating rink shown in the film was part of the Monroeville Mall. It has since been replaced by a food court.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute