- The RAF supplied most of the aircraft, at a cost of 130 pounds per hour. This expense consumed 10% of the film's budget.
- A cut of the film was spiced up for the American market. Additional scenes of a plane crashing were later removed after it was spotted that Warner Brothers had used WW2 footage of a Flying Fortress (the RAF used Lancasters).
- The bombs shown in the movie were the wrong shape because the actual shape (a stubby cylinder) was still secret at the time.
- The film premiered 12 years to the day from the original raid.
- Gibson's dog "Nigger" was dubbed into "Trigger" for the US market. See also Goofs entry.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute