- A remake of the 1964 "Doctor Who" serial "The Dalek Invasion of Earth".
- This sequel to Dr. Who and the Daleks (1965) was to have been followed by a third film, to be based on the 1965 TV episode "The Chase." This was never made.
- The rebel hideout in 2150 is prominently identified as Embankment station on the London Underground's Bakerloo and Northern Lines. There had actually been a station called Embankment once, but it was renamed in 1914; thus this was a suitable name for a fictional station. However, in 1976, 10 years after the movie was released, reality conformed to fiction when the station, now served by the Bakerloo and Northern Lines among others, was given back its original name of Embankment.
- The original trailer for this film describes Ray Brooks as "The boy with the knack". Ray Brookes starred in Knack, The (1965).
- Despite bearing the credit "An AARU Production", this film (and its sequel) was made entirely by Amicus. Aaru received the sole production credit as part of a co-finance deal with Amicus, who felt they couldn't afford to make a movie of this scale alone.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute