- The vocals for Vera-Ellen were dubbed by Anita Ellis.
- Mae West was considered for the part of Mrs. Hill, but was too expensive.
- The song "I Love to Beat the Big Bass Drum" was written for the film but not used.
- A scene with a dance to "When I'm Out With the Belle of New York," by Vera- Ellen and chorus, was cut from the film.
- Based on the first American stage musical to play London's West End, where it was a big hit in 1897.
- Fred Astaire had been offered this role and declined it six years earlier.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute