- Originally planned as the pilot film for the "Batman" (1966/II) TV series, the movie was instead produced between the show's first and second seasons. The producers took advantage of the larger budget to have a number of new Bat-gadgets constructed, such as the BatBoat.
- Julie Newmar did not appear in the film because she had signed to do another project and could not get out of the commitment in time to work on this movie.
- Although Sterling Holloway is listed in the credits as Col. Terry, all his scenes were, in fact, cut from the film as released.
- The BatBoat was built especially for the film by the Glastron boat company. In exchange for their cooperation, the producers agreed to hold the film's world premiere in Austin, Texas, Glastron's headquarters.
- The original trailer includes specially-shot footage of the 4 supervillains outlining their plans for the Dynamic Duo. Still frames from these sequences are visible when Batman and Commissioner Gordon watch a closed-circuit TV update on villains at large. The trailer also includes specially-shot footage of Batman and Robin addressing the audience about their first motion picture.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute