- The budget for this film was stretched by using footage from Quo Vadis? (1951).
- Several shots from MGM's _Quo Vadis (1951)_ , Paramount's Naked Jungle, The (1954) and other films are used in this film.
- When a preview of this film was shown, a questionnaire was distributed among the viewers asking what scene they liked. One person answered, "The scene where Robert Taylor saved Deborah Kerr from the fire." This was in reference to the fact that much of the stock footage used in the film came from Quo Vadis? (1951).
- The special effects model of the Atlantean submarine has been part of the collection owned by Forrest J. Ackerman for many years.
- In addition to his credited narration, Paul Frees, without additional credit, dubbed the voices of three actors: An unknown appearing briefly as a messenger, and both Wolfe Barzell and Edgar Stehli, who played the fathers of the hero and heroine respectively.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute