powered by AFI
According to the onscreen credits, the title of Ewing Scott's original story was "Shadow of the Curtain." A January 31, 1952 Hollywood Reporter news item notes that parts of this film were shot on Little Diomede Island in Alaska. According to the Variety review, Ewing Scott directed most of the Alaskan footage, but was replaced by Lew Landers after a flare-up of an old leg injury. Although a Monogram production sheet credits Raoul Kraushaar with music, Edward J. Kay is credited with musical supervision both onscreen and in a corrected production sheet submitted by the studio on July 24, 1952.