- Claudette Colbert was cast as Margo Channing, but suffered a ruptured disc and had to withdraw.
- Although he received screen credit, Eddie Fisher's scene was cut before the film's release.
- Darryl F. Zanuck envisioned Marlene Dietrich as Margo Channing, Jeanne Crain as Eve Harrington, and 'Ferrer, Jose' as Addison DeWitt. Director Joseph L. Mankiewicz's early choices for the Margo Channing role were Claudette Colbert and Gertrude Lawrence.
- In 1970, "All About Eve" was adapted into a Broadway musical called "Applause." Lauren Bacall played Margo Channing. When Bacall left the show, the actress who took over the role of Margo Channing was Anne Baxter, who had played the role of Eve in the film.
- The theatre scenes in the film were shot at San Francisco's Curran Theatre at 445 Geary Street a couple of blocks from Union Square.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute