powered by AFI
DVDs from TCM Shop
This was the first production of Borderline Pictures, Inc., formed by producer Milton Bren, director-producer William Seiter and actor Fred MacMurray. Although onscreen the story and screenplay are credited to Devery Freeman, production notes attribute the story to Norman Krasna. According to a New York Times article, MacMurray, Bren, Claire Trevor (Bren's wife) and Seiter deferred their salaries to produce the film. This was Bren's first production since Tars and Spars in 1946. Some scenes were shot on location in Malibu, and at Corrigan Ranch and Lasky Mesa, CA. Trevor reprised her role in a Lux Radio Theatre broadcast on October 8, 1951, co-starring Stephen McNally.