- Susan pretends that she and David (Cary Grant) are gangsters. The underworld nickname she gives police for David is "Jerry the Nipper", a nickname that Jerry (Grant) had in Awful Truth, The (1937). David protests to the police, "Officer, she's making it up from motion pictures she's seen!"
- This movie did so badly at the box office that Howard Hawks was fired from his next production at RKO and Katharine Hepburn was forced to buy out her contract.
- Co-screenwriter Dudley Nichols based the madcap romance on Katharine Hepburn's affair with director 'Ford, John' at the time.
- Director Howard Hawks modeled Grant's character, David, on silent film comedian Harold Lloyd.
- Skippy the terrier (George) also played Asta in The Thin Man and Mr. Smith in The Awful Truth.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute