powered by AFI
- Nominated for seven 2004 Emmy Awards, including Outstanding Made for Television Movie, Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or Movie (James Brolin), Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or Movie (Judy Davis), Outstanding Writing for a Miniseries, Movie or a Dramatic Special (Jane Marchwood, Tom Rickman, and Elizabeth Egloff), and Outstanding Casting for a Miniseries, Movie or a Special (Susan Edelman, Tina Gerussi, and Andrea Kenyon) by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.
- Nominated for the 2004 Eddie Award for Best Edited Miniseries or Movie for Non-Commercial Television (Michael Brown and Melissa Kent) by the American Cinema Editors (ACE).
- Aired in United States May 18, 2004
- Aired in United States November 30, 2003
- Released in United States on Video May 18, 2004
- Director Robert Allen Ackerman dropped out of project due to "creative differences" with CBS during post-production. CBS executives were overseeing the final cut based on complaints that the movie portrayed the Reagans unfairly. Ackerman rejoined the project after it was picked up by Showtime and remained involved in post-production.
- Originally developed as a two-part four hour miniseries but was reedited into a three hour movie.
- Showtime picked up to broadcast rights from CBS and presented an on-air forum December 1, 2003 to openly discuss the controversy surrounding it from multiple perspectives.
- Aired in USA on Showtime network November 30, 2003.
- CBS dropped out of the project and cancelled the airing of the miniseries after deciding that it did not present a fair portrayal of the Reagan's and after protest from Reagan supporters that claimed that the material was untrue.
- Part 1 was originally scheduled to air in USA on CBS November 16, 2003 and part 2 was originally scheduled to air on CBS November 18, 2003.
- Began shooting August 9, 2003. Completed shooting October 3, 2003.
- Originally in development at ABC for the 1998-1999 season, the new version shifted focus from a biographical take on Nancy Reagan to a broader look at the entire Reagan dynasty.