powered by AFI
- Winner of two George Washington Honor Medals in the 1989 Freedoms Foundation Awards competition. NBC's Media Relations department won in the Public Communications category for its publicity campaign for the drama. Lionel Chetwynd, the writer of the teleplay, was also a winner in the Public Communications category.
- Aired in United States May 29, 1988
- Released in United States on Video January 6, 1993
- Oscar nominee Eric Roberts ("Runaway Train") makes his TV-movie acting debut in the lead role of Jan Scruggs.
- The telefilm was originally scheduled to air on May 22, 1988, but was rescheduled to coincide with Memorial Day weekend.
- This is the first "G.E. Theater" presentation to air since January 26, 1983. The original "G.E. Theater" anthology series aired from 1953-1962 with Ronald Reagan hosting from 1954-1962.
- Marshall Colt is the only cast member to have served in the Vietnam War.