- John Ritter was considered for the role of Sonny
- All the film's music (except for the closing credits) is played in the background on radios, jukeboxes or, at the swim party, on a portable record player.
- All the camera angles are eye-level.
- The actual 100-seat Royal Theatre, located in Archer City, Texas, had burned after a balcony fire in August 1965. Over the decades, a number of visitors came to Archer City to photograph what remained. Plans were made to bulldoze the ruins, but it was learned that would have weakened the adjacent structures. However, in the 1990s the Royal Theater was rebuilt as a performing-arts center, with its blue-and-orange facade restored to its appearance in "The Last Picture Show".
- Cybill Shepard was cast with the option of backing out of her nude scenes if she so desired. She only agreed to do them after asking the opinions of three female costars, Leachman, Burstyn, and Brennan, who all thought she should do them.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute