- Al Pacino was the first choice to star as Ted Kramer but he turned it down.
- 'Kate Jackson' was the original choice for the part of Joanna Kramer, her commitment to "Charlie's Angels" (1976) prevented her from taking the role.
- Jane Fonda turned down the part of Joanna Kramer
- Dustin Hoffman, having just lived through divorce himself, contributed many personal moments and dialogue to the film and was offered shared screenplay credit by director 'Robert Benton' , but turned it down.
- Meryl Streep wrote her own courtroom speech upon writer-director 'Robert Benton' 's suggestion after she told him she wasn't satisfied with the way it was originally written.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute