- It took Ray Harryhausen 4 months to produce the skeleton scene, a massive amount of time for a scene which lasts at the most 3 minutes.
- After the success of 'Sergio Leone' 's Colosso di Rodi, Il (1961), it was decided to change the character of Talos into a living bronze giant. It would become one of Ray Harryhausen's most famous creations.
- The Skeletons' shields have designs of other Harryhausen creatures, including an octopus and the head of the Ymir from 20 Million Miles to Earth (1957).
- Ray Harryhausen regards this as his best film.
- The previous Ray Harryhausen films were generally shown as part of a double feature in "B" theatres. Columbia was able to book this film as a single feature in many "A" theatres in the United States.
- The character of Jason, as played by 'Todd Armstrong' , was re-voiced by British actor Tim Turner. Turner's voice was well known as the narrator of the '60s Rank series 'Look At Life'. He was also the narrator of trailers in many British films in the '50s, '60s and '70s, including the one for this movie.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute