- the TV director covering the Miami Superbowl game.
- The actual game that was being played in the film was Superbowl X between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Dallas Cowboys at Miami. Respective scores: 21 to 17.
- Movie cameras used in filming during the Super Bowl game were disguised as TV cameras with CBS logos.
- The climactic scene in which the blimp descends onto the Orange Bowl was filmed the day before the actual game to avoid setting off a real panic.
- At least some parts of the climatic scene were filmed after the Superbowl, including shots of the nose of the blimp coming onto the field as extras ran about wildly. Only the front portion of the blimp and gondola were recreated for this "head-on" shot and the whole thing was controlled by a crane.
- The Goodyear blimp used in the filming was the airship "Mayflower".
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute