- During the helicopter stunt, the runners caught on the ropes and as the helicopter rose it threatened to seriously injure 'Savage, John' and Robert De Niro. The actors gestured and yelled furiously to the crew in the helicopter to warn them. Footage of this is included in the film.
- The scene where Nick spits in Michael's face when the play Russian roulette against each other at the end of the film was improvised by Christopher Walken. Director Michael Cimino convinced Walken to do this, and De Niro was completely surprised by it, as evidence by his reaction.
- Meryl Streep improvised many of her lines.
- Robert De Niro claims this was his most physically exhausting film.
- Robert De Niro, who prepared for his role by socializing with actual steelworkers, was introduced by his hosts and new friends as "Bob", and no one recognized him.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute