- The role of Cosmo was written with Oscar Levant in mind, but instead was immortalized by Donald' O'Connor
- The script was written after the songs, and so it had to generate a plot into which the songs would fit.
- Gene Kelly had a 103 degrees fever when he danced to the title song.
- The rain consisted of water plus milk so the rain would show up better on film but it caused Kelly's wool suit to shrink.
- While the film makes a central point of the idea that Kathy's voice is dubbed over Lina Lamont's, what is not told is that ironically, in some of these songs, notably "Would You", Debbie Reynolds, the actress who plays Selden, is actually dubbed over by Betty Noyes.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute