- Every contract that Peter Sellers signs includes a clause which stipulates that his accommodation must have the bed facing East-West. Chance says: "I like to sleep with my head facing North". The attorney he's with says "But this bed is facing west!"
- In different versions, the credits are either shown over retakes of Chance saying a line that was not in the movie, or (for TV and video) shown over TV white noise.
- Henry Dawkins, who plays Billings-the X-Ray Technician, really was an X-Ray Technician. He was the head of the Radiology Department at Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College (in Asheville, North Carolina, one of the shooting locations of this film) in the early 1990's.
- Despite Sellers' repeated requests, the producers would not remove the out-takes from the version they submitted to Cannes.
- Peter Sellers patterned the voice for Chance the gardener after his idol, Stan Laurel.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute