- Clark Gable also starred in the 1953 remake Mogambo (1953).
- Jean Harlow's famous rain-barrel bath is recreated in her film Bombshell.
- Jean Harlow's husband of two months, producer Paul Bern, committed suicide during the Labor Day break in the production. Although she was absent for 10 days following his death, scenes were shot around her and the movie was completed on schedule.
- The original play first opened in New York on 2 January 1928.
- During filming of the famous rainbarrel sequence, Jean Harlow reportedly stood up - topless - and called out something along the lines of "one for the boys in the lab!" Director Victor Fleming quickly removed the film from the camera to prevent any footage from reaching the black market.
- After the suicide of her husband Paul Bern, which occurred during filming, most of Jean Harlow's scenes were re-shot, with higher neck-lines on her dresses.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute