- This film opens with footage of stars' arrivals shot outside an actual mid-1960s Academy Awards ceremony, with the year of the event carefully obscured in all wide angles.
- The Academy Award sequences for this film were shot at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium, scene of several actual 1960s Oscar ceremonies.
- Bob Hope, who plays the Master of Ceremonies in this film's Oscar sequences, hosted more Academy Awards shows than anyone else in Hollywood history.
- Eight-time Academy Award winner Edith Head, who was an Oscar nominee for her costume designs for this film, makes a rare cameo appearance as herself in a scene set at a Hollywood party.
- Set designer 'Hal Perria' appears at a party that Frankie goes to full of other Paramount people.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute