- This film was banned in Britain until 1968.
- Marlon Brando and most of the Black Rebels ride Triumphs and other British motorcycles, while Lee Marvin and his boys ride Harley-Davidsons.
- The Triumph motorcycle that Marlon Brando rides in the movie was his personal bike.
- San Francisco Hell's Angels chapter president Frank Sadilek bought the striped shirt that Lee Marvin wore in the movie, and wore it when meeting police officials.
- Lee Marvin based his character, Chino, on real biker "Wino Willy" Forkner. Forkner rode with the Booze Fighters Motorcycle Club, and is considered a legend among bikers.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute