- Morgan Fairchild, who was active in Dallas theatre, began her film career in this film as Faye Dunaway's stand-in.
- Jane Fonda turned down the role of Bonnie Parker. Living in France at the time, she did not want to relocate to the U.S. for the part.
- The film has a dynamic soundtrack that gets much louder during the gunfights. The British premiere of the film was notable because the projectionist previewed the film and thought the volume changes were a mistake, so he made careful notes for when to turn it up and when to turn it down so that the volume was "corrected."
- Visitors to Alcatraz Island near San Francisco might be interested to see where the couple's real-life driver Floyd Hamilton was imprisoned. It was cell #26 located in the D Block.
- The character "C.W. Moss" is a fictionalized composite of two members of the Barrow gang: William Daniel "W.D." Jones, and Henry Methvin.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute