- Sean Connery turned down the then astronomical sum of $5.5 million to play James Bond.
- Roger Moore's first appearance as James Bond.
- The character of Quarrel, Jr. is a direct reference to the first Bond film, Dr. No (1962) which also featured a character named Quarrel. The original novel takes place before Dr. No (in which, as in the movie version, Quarrel is killed) and features the first appearance of the character.
- UA wanted an American to play Bond: 'Reynolds, Burt' , 'Newman, Paul' and 'Redford, Robert' were all considered. Producer Albert R. Broccoli, however, insisted that the part should be played by a Briton and put forward Moore.
- The Tarot card deck used by Solitaire features contemporary paintings by Fergus Hall, "Courtesy of the Portal Gallery Limited, London, England." A duplicate set was published by in Switzerland by Agmueller & Cie, distributed worldwide by U.S. Games Systems, Inc. New York. The cards in the film had a red, patterned background featuring the "007" emblem, but the commercial set is blue instead (same pattern).
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute