- At 140 minutes, this is in the longest 007 movie.
- George Lazenby appears for the first and last time as James Bond.
- Originally intended to follow Goldfinger (1964) then Thunderball (1965).
- Lazenby was previously a car salesman with a part time job as a male model. He was also well-known in Britain as "The Big Fry man," after the chocolate bar commercials he starred in, carrying an outsize bar on his hunky shoulder.
- The search for a new Bond was compared with the search for Scarlett O'Hara, and 413 actors audition for the role. Lazenby was determined to get the role, he spent most of what money he had on a Saville Row suit and a Rolex watch, then while having a Bond type haircut Broccoli walked into the same salon, made the connection and later offered him the part.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute