- The hull number on the sail of the U.S. submarine in Stromberg's supertanker is 593. This is the number of the USS Thresher, lost in 1963 with all hands off the Massachusetts coast.
- The closing credits say, "James Bond will return in For Your Eyes Only" but, because of the successes of Star Wars (1977) and Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977), Moonraker (1979) was chosen.
- First 007 movie to be filmed in Dolby Stereo.
- $1 million of the $13.5 million budget was spent by production designer Ken Adam on building the largest sound stage in the world: 336'x139'x44'. The set was used for the interior shots of Stromberg's supertanker. The tank had a capacity of 1.2 million gallons.
- Rick Sylvester was paid $30,000 for the skiing stunt in the opening sequence.
Please support TCMDB by adding to this information.Click here to contribute